"It's better to be hurt than to hurt others. Kind people can find happiness with just that. That's

"It's better to be hurt than to hurt others. Kind people can find happiness with just that. That's

25 October 2015

The Scarlet Letter--Manga Review



My Thoughts:

I wanted to read this because it's manga and later, I might have to read the actual book for school.
So I was so happy that my request for this was approved.
Hester is a young woman who became an adulteress when her husband went away for a long time and never came back. She was forced to wear a scarlet letter "A".
This book was pretty good and well written and the artwork is beautiful.
Hester's husband randomly shows up and never actually reveals his identity.
She has to bring up her daughter, Pearl, on her own.
It is later revealed who she was with, but her "husband" was acting nice to him but actually wasn't being nice at all.
He dies at the end because Hester's "husband" gave him too much medicine.

My Rating: 5 stars

**I received this as an ebook from NETGALLEY for my honest review. Thank you!**

No comments:

Post a Comment